Southern Powertrain has an in house machine shop known as Diff Tran Machining. Diff-Tran repairs transmission and differential carrier housings.
All Housings with worn bearing bores are bored out and resleeved, then finished bored to factory specs.
Transmissions housing repairs:
- Input and Countershaft bearing bores in main case
- Countershaft and outputshaft bearing bores in back box
- Add pumps to non-pump housings (if case is cast for pump)
- Drill 9 series cases for forced lube pump systems
- Pocket ball holes on FS series tops
- Worn butterfly pin holes in Fuller Tops
Differential Carriers Repairs:
- Pinion pilot bearing bores both worn and broken.
- Thru shaft or outputshaft bearing bores
- Inner pinion bores on Rockwell RD and Mack CRD housings
- Side carrier bearing bores and threaded sides
- Pump holes in power divider covers
- Bearing bores in 472 int. sections
Diff-Tran can also repair threads on shafts and pinions as well as repair pilot bearing surface on input shafts and main shafts. Diff-Tran can do small welding and machining jobs as well. Please contact us for more information.